Mind your manners, people.
I could leave it at that, but nope, here I go.
WHAT TO STOP
- Behaving as if you are the only one who matters in the world
- Living in a virtual world and neglecting your “real” friends and family
- Being late
- Being dishonest
- Pushing your agenda on others
- Being unkind
- Being selfish
- Neglecting to invest in your community
- Being a downer
- And for goodness sake stop playing the victim card
These are just a few of my pet peeves at the moment. If you really want to make a difference in the world, begin with your little patch of earth and see if you can effect positive change in others – not through your words but through your actions.
So what can you do? (Glad you asked.)
WHAT TO START
- Taking care of your needs (eat, rest and move), turning off the TV/computer/cell phone and connecting with the people around you
- Valuing other people’s time as much as your own
- Being truthful with everyone – especially yourself
- Releasing the need to judge others – you do not know their path
- Giving to others and giving to yourself generously; whether of your time or your resources, giving helps you connect with other people
- Contributing and find a cause greater than yourself – someone or something that needs you more
- Being more positive and, for goodness sake, whatever you’ve been through, you’re here now; that doesn’t make you a victim in my book – that makes you a survivor. Own it and you can change it.